Wednesday, December 2, 2009

A Long "Road" To Go

I went in today to do a few teacher observations in other classes. The teacher I observed during 5th period was very cool. Mr. Pline. He gave me a lot of resources to read too.

I went from there to another class for about an hour, and then to another for about a half-hour; I then returned for last :25 minutes of my 6th block to pick up their projects on The Road. Out of 26 students, only 10 turned in a project. Five said they would bring them tomorrow; the rest seemed to indicate that they had no plans to turn in anything at all. This project is worth 20% of their grade for the semester! So disappointing. I haven't started grading the projects, so I hope the ones that I did get make me proud. Otherwise, I'm going to feel like I really failed in teaching this novel, and like I have said before—how does one cope with a situation where students just don't give a frak about doing their work? *Sigh*

1 comment:

  1. (PROUD)Quinn williams!!!August 17, 2010 at 8:31 PM

    It's hard, isn't it, mommy? But, as the saying goes(I don't want to be mean here), ''Such as life''. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete