Friday, December 18, 2009

Cloudy with a Chance of Employment

Just a quick jot here. My computer is frakked up, and I can't use my laptop. Therefore, I am down at the university using the library's computers on the last day they will be open before closing for holiday break. However, here's the big news: I have an interview for one of the dozen tutoring jobs for which I have applied. I decided to be proactive yesterday and sent out emails to the people that I thought might be the appropriate contacts at each school where I applied. I got a response from two out of the seven people I emailed. Not bad for the Thursday before school is out for Christmas break. Better yet, I got an offer to interview, which commences later this morning. I can't believe that I'm this jazzed about a $10 an hour job that is almost an hour away from where I live. Unbelievable economic times we're in, huh?

At any rate . . . I'm supposed to take my laptop over to the Apple Store tomorrow afternoon for service. It's bad luck and timing for me since my Mac G4 Tower just died too. God rest its little hard drive--8 long years of solid service. I'm going to go into CPU withdrawls if I can't get my laptop fixed tomorrow. So, until I can get access to another computer, I won't be able to update on the interview. Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment