Friday, January 15, 2010

Play It Again, Sam

I'm off to an interview for another AVID position. It is at a school that is much closer to me than the last school. From what I've read about the AVID program, I don't think all the schools in the county are actually implementing it the same way, so we'll see how this school is doing it. I'm interviewing with the assistant principal. One good thing that comes from interviewing for these little jobs in the schools is that it gives me an opportunity to practice my interviewing skills within an educational environment. I'm quickly learning that while business is business, the business of education is its own beastie.

Beasties or not, I must try to remember this: maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow, but as time goes by, I will get a job, and hopefully it will be the beginning of a beautiful friendship.

No comments:

Post a Comment