Sunday, February 7, 2010

Decade of Endearment

My daughter's birthday is tomorrow, and she turns 10 years old. It's hard for me to believe that she is that old.

She is a lot like I am: creative, dreamy, lives in her "head," prone to passionate feelings about things. She is truly an "apple" that fell close to the mother tree. I think one of the great things that I have learned from my children is to think like a child again, too. All the frustrations and joys about how to handle life are in front of my kids now. I think as adults we feel overwhelmed with our own "adult" problems so much that we forget to see things through the eyes of youth.

So, this blog entry is for you, my dearest baby girl. Happy Birthday, little petunia. I know you read my blog. I hope you also know how much I love you, and I am very proud of all of your talents. Celebrate all those creative things you do well, and do not judge yourself too harshly on what you cannot do well. It all works out in the end as long as you have faith in yourself. I'll always have faith that you can do whatever you want with the wonderful, creative, deep thoughts and talents that you have.

Love forever, Mommy

2 comments:

  1. ( PROUD)Quinn williams!!!February 7, 2010 at 6:39 PM

    Aww... Mommy... you made a lot of my love veins swell!!! I knew you would put me on here someday!!! Well I LOVE YOU,LOVE YOU,LOVE YOU and you are the best!!! I hope that we have tons,tons,tons of fun at Hustens!!! I am VERY sure we we have tons of fun!!! Thanks again for putting me on your blog!!!
    I LOVE YOU SO MUCH!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your daughter was so sweet in that paragraph that she wrote.If you are reading this,Quinn, then Happy Birthday!!!

    ReplyDelete